With diligence and vision
The economic upturn Germany following the Second World War was also the result of hard work, determination and innovative ideas of mid-sized company founders, who created new jobs and opportunities in their respective regions. Hans Voshaar, born in 1929, is one of these founders. His life's work has exceeded way beyond the humble origins in a back courtyard, but has remained a family business to this very day.
Initially, the trained mechanical engineering master Hans Voshaar worked as a weaving fitter in the Nordhorn-based textile factory NINO. During this time, he also met his later wife, Maria, who supported him in all his endeavours. In 1954 Hans Voshaar founded an own workshop in Neuenhaus at Lager Straße, what used to be the utility room of his parents, which he operated together with Maria, in addition to his regular job at NINO. When the biscuit producer Dietrich Borggreve presented the prospect of a large order, the Voshaar spouses had to take a decision. They took the courageous decisions to become completely self-employed. Hans Voshaar gave up his job at NINO in 1957.
The decision to found "Schlosserei Hans Voshaar" was far-reaching and successful. Hans Voshaar could appoint his first apprentice in 1959, new machines were acquired and the stables had to make way for the constantly growing workshop. The order books were getting fuller and fuller, leading to the Voshaars taking the decision to move their company, which now was already employing 70 persons, to Ladestraße in 1972, which is the location of the present-day headquarters. The company was also renamed to HAVO, and later on "Neuenhauser Maschinenbau".
In 1981, Bernd Voshaar, the son of Hans and Maria Voshaar, joined the company business and took over the company management from his father in 1986. Hans Voshaar passed away in 1996. Maria Voshaar also remained active in the company following the passing of her husband, and was greatly appreciated by the employees.
Today, Bernd Voshaar is a committed successor of his industrious parents and employs 2,800 people in the Neuenhauser corporate group, of which 750 work at the headquarters in Neuenhaus. The city demonstrated its sincere respect to the company founder with the renaming of Ladestraße to Hans-Voshaar-Straße in 2006.previous page